Statistical Inference Case Study Assignment Essay
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time Essay
Novel: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
Course Project – Literary Analysis
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Module 05 Content
Top of Form
For this project assignment, you will submit your Literary Analysis paper on the assigned novel selected for the course, which should focus on three or more elements of fiction to show how this novel is an example of modern literature in both theme and style. Please review the literary terms explored in this course. These will help you to develop the ideas and concepts you chose to examine in your paper.
- 7-8 pages in length, not including cover page and references page
- Use the APA template with APA cover and References page attached
- Use a minimum of 5 outside resources, in addition to the textbook
- At least three of the five resources need to be from the Rasmussen Online Library. The remaining articles should be from credible sources.
For this final project assignment, you should visit the Course Project tab in the LIT3382 Modern World Literature Course Guide. There you will find a link to the Literary Analysis Guide with information to help you to write a literary analysis paper. The Writing Guide and APA Guide may also assist you with the writing requirements. You can access the course guide in your Module 01 course tab.
The course project is based on aspects of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time , which is the novel you are assigned to read for the course. You will write a 7-8 pages literary analysis paper, which should focus on the theme and three or more of the literary terms you studied in Modules 1-3. For example, you might show how the author, Mark Haddon, used the first person point of view, a young protagonist, and stream of consciousness to explore a certain theme, such as Coming of Age. The paper will need to show examples of how this novel is an example of post-modern literature in both theme and style. For example, you might choose to explore the novel as a “genre” novel or more closely examine the stylistic nature of the work. While reading the novel and formulating ideas for a paper, examine the following questions to gain a deeper understanding of how to read and write about literature:
- What techniques did the author use to create memorable characters?
- What point of view is used in the novel? For example, is it written from the first person viewpoint or is it 3rd person, or even 3rd person omniscient? Is the viewpoint important to the story? Find supporting evidence that explains the unique viewpoint presented in this novel.
- What are the major conflicts examined in the novel? How are the conflicts explained?
- How did the author incorporate other stylistic devices in this novel? What was unusual and modern about the style? What is the main idea or theme? Sometimes there are multiple themes in a work of fiction. When reading the novel, look for clues that focus on the main idea or point(s) that you think the novel is presenting to readers?
- How is dialogue used in the novel?
- Is the setting important in the novel? If so, explain why and how the setting is used.
- Was the title of the novel significant or symbolic? If so, why?
- What do you think (from your research) was the author’s purpose in writing this novel?
- What changes (if any) do you think this novel brought about in modern literature?
Link to the novel and it is very easy to access on google/youtube