Standards of Cultural Competence Paper
Order ID 53003233773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Standards of Cultural Competence Paper
I meant choose a topic you want to write on, so you can let me know by Friday or any time before Friday?
- ResearchAssignment (90pts):
Topic (5pts) Due Week 1;
Part I: Research Paper (35pts) Due Week 3;
Part II: Power Point Presentation (50pts) Due Week 7.
The purpose of this assignment is for students to practice standards of cultural competence, including enhancing awareness and building knowledge about a social issue impacting a specific cultural minority group. Students will achieve this by identifying and researching a topic of interest and interviewing a cultural informant, and by reviewing and posting to Discussion Board their review of three presentations. Cultural group selection should be different than one’s own cultural identity or affiliation.
Part 1 and 2 – Topic Paper 1 Due Week 1 (5pts); Research Paper 2 Due Week 3 (35pts)
For the first part of the assignment, the Topic Paper, write a 300-word paper about an issue of your interest that affects a specific cultural group. Remember that the group cultural group should be different than your own.
PLEASE PICK YOUR TOPIC RIGHT AWAY – DUE WEEK 1!!!!!!
Examples of topics for exploration are (you may choose others):
- The intersection of identities (e.g., Latino/a culture and feminism; Providing social services to multiple Asian American communities; Traditional American Indian spiritual beliefs and practices and the New Age Movement; African Americans Civil Rights and gays and lesbians’ rights);
- The intersection of a minority group with public policies or the dominant culture (e.g., multiracial identity and rules of hypodescent; American Indians and child welfare policies; American Indian burial rights, the media, language issues; Mexican Americans and immigration and/or labor policies; African Americans and an Afrocentric social work curriculum, the press, the justice system, social class; Latinos and Affirmative Action, bilingual education);
- Inner-group current issues (e.g., American Indian Spirituality and Counseling, Mexican Americans and Immigration Issues, women and the labor force, the effects of HIV/AIDS in the gay and the African American communities; transracial adoptions and gay marriage; using language interpreters in counseling: ethical issues; suicide in Asian American communities).
To complete the second part of this assignment, the literature review, you will need to conduct a literature search. The paper will be evaluated on how you, the writer, are able to review and synthesize the existing literature on the topic.
Your literature review paper needs to be between 5-8 pages long. Include a separate cover page and a references page following the Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th Ed.) specifications. Title page and reference page(s) are NOT included in required page count.
The contents of this paper should follow this outline:
- Cover page. Including the title of the paper, your name, the course title, and the date
- Abstract. Please place the abstract on its own page.
- Introduction. Briefly introduce the cultural group you are writing about. Define the issue/strength/challenge you are exploring. Introduce your research question or interest topic. Explain how and why you aim to advance knowledge about it, why is the topic significant.
- Theoretical approach. Present the theoretical perspective you are taking to study the phenomenon (see text Chapters 5 & 7). For example you may decide to approach your study using a resiliency, systems, or an ecological approach. Explain how this approach will guide your research and inform your research question.
- Literature review. Provide background information about the group and the social issue by summarizing relevant and current published literature on the topic. Provide a summary of the “state of knowledge” (what is known and reported in the professional literature) regarding your research question. Identify any contradictions between research findings and possible gaps in the literature. Connect the existing research to your proposed study; restate your research question.
- Professional development. To conclude your paper, please describe how this experience enhanced your development as a culturally grounded social worker. How will you continue to enhance your learning about the cultural group described?
- Reference page. Prepare a separate page with the references you cited (at least 5, not including textbook). Please follow the APA Manual guidelines. Use only professional journals and book citations.
Part 3: Power Point Presentation (50pts) Due Week 7
This is a continuation of the Research Paper (Part 1 and 2) and provides you with a chance to present to your peers what you learned about your chosen topic from your research paper (Part I) and you will have an opportunity to conduct an interview with a cultural informant.
You will have a conversation with one (or more) member(s) of the identity group you are studying. Please note that you may not have this conversation with a client, former client, family member, incarcerated person, or anyone under the age of 18. In the conversation, you may explore some aspects of racial relations, cultural differences, or power differences. Establish an honest conversation about what it is like to be American (or immigrant or refugee) from different vantage points of power; to understand the ideas of the other person on some issue, and honestly offer yours.
Be aware that sometimes people perceived as “experts” either resent the label of “experts” or are tired of having to educate others for free on areas of their perceived or real expertise. One purpose of this assignment, whatever your identity might be, is for you to initiate a dialogue very much needed in the U.S. in general, and in Social Work
in particular, a dialogue in which both parties together search for answers to the pervasive issues related to racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation or ability status inequality. We suggest that both participants in the dialogue come out as winners and partners in this journey of mutual awareness. We suggest that you do not force yourself on anyone, but respectfully ask and simply invite a chat.
Please note: To assure accurate representation you are encouraged to audio record the interview. In order to receive credit for this assignment, you will need to submit one of the following: 1) an audio, or 2) detailed written transcript of the interview. Please assure the interviewee(s) that such content will be kept confidential and will only be accessed by the instructor. Please review the Consent for Interview form provided with your interviewee(s), and submit the signed copy in the link provided when you submit your recording or transcript.
The 20 slide MAX Power Point Presentation should contain the following:
- Introduction: An overview of the issue you selected, why you selected it and a summary of what you discovered in your research from the first paper.
- Procedures. Explain how you went about selecting/identifying the person to have the conversation with and how, when and where did you conduct the conversation. Explain how you examined and analyzed the information you collected.
- Findings. Present the main themes emerging from the conversation. Explain the importance of the selected issue [from an emic perspective] in the life of the group/community based on the interview with the “expert” informant.
- Discussion. Connect and compare the findings from your conversation with the existing literature you summarized in your research paper. Were there contradictions between your two sources of information and/or with your preconceived ideas about the phenomenon? Share your personal insights. Did you learn anything new based on your literature review and/or the conversation with the expert informant?
- Implications. Discuss implications for social work practice/research/policy. How can we apply your findings to our work.
Standards of Cultural Competence Paper
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 20 points out of 50: The essay illustrates poor understanding of the relevant material by failing to address or incorrectly addressing the relevant content; failing to identify or inaccurately explaining/defining key concepts/ideas; ignoring or incorrectly explaining key points/claims and the reasoning behind them; and/or incorrectly or inappropriately using terminology; and elements of the response are lacking. 30 points out of 50: The essay illustrates a rudimentary understanding of the relevant material by mentioning but not full explaining the relevant content; identifying some of the key concepts/ideas though failing to fully or accurately explain many of them; using terminology, though sometimes inaccurately or inappropriately; and/or incorporating some key claims/points but failing to explain the reasoning behind them or doing so inaccurately. Elements of the required response may also be lacking. 40 points out of 50: The essay illustrates solid understanding of the relevant material by correctly addressing most of the relevant content; identifying and explaining most of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology; explaining the reasoning behind most of the key points/claims; and/or where necessary or useful, substantiating some points with accurate examples. The answer is complete. 50 points: The essay illustrates exemplary understanding of the relevant material by thoroughly and correctly addressing the relevant content; identifying and explaining all of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology explaining the reasoning behind key points/claims and substantiating, as necessary/useful, points with several accurate and illuminating examples. No aspects of the required answer are missing. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Zero points: Student failed to include citations and/or references. Or the student failed to submit a final paper. 5 out 20 points: Sources are seldom cited to support statements and/or format of citations are not recognizable as APA 6th Edition format. There are major errors in the formation of the references and citations. And/or there is a major reliance on highly questionable. The Student fails to provide an adequate synthesis of research collected for the paper. 10 out 20 points: References to scholarly sources are occasionally given; many statements seem unsubstantiated. Frequent errors in APA 6th Edition format, leaving the reader confused about the source of the information. There are significant errors of the formation in the references and citations. And/or there is a significant use of highly questionable sources. 15 out 20 points: Credible Scholarly sources are used effectively support claims and are, for the most part, clear and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition is used with only a few minor errors. There are minor errors in reference and/or citations. And/or there is some use of questionable sources. 20 points: Credible scholarly sources are used to give compelling evidence to support claims and are clearly and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition format is used accurately and consistently. The student uses above the maximum required references in the development of the assignment. Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 20: The paper does not communicate ideas/points clearly due to inappropriate use of terminology and vague language; thoughts and sentences are disjointed or incomprehensible; organization lacking; and/or numerous grammatical, spelling/punctuation errors 10 points out 20: The paper is often unclear and difficult to follow due to some inappropriate terminology and/or vague language; ideas may be fragmented, wandering and/or repetitive; poor organization; and/or some grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors 15 points out of 20: The paper is mostly clear as a result of appropriate use of terminology and minimal vagueness; no tangents and no repetition; fairly good organization; almost perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage. 20 points: The paper is clear, concise, and a pleasure to read as a result of appropriate and precise use of terminology; total coherence of thoughts and presentation and logical organization; and the essay is error free. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 3 points out of 10: Student needs to develop better formatting skills. The paper omits significant structural elements required for and APA 6th edition paper. Formatting of the paper has major flaws. The paper does not conform to APA 6th edition requirements whatsoever. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. They can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 7 points out of 10: Research paper presents an above-average use of formatting skills. The paper has slight errors within the paper. This can include small errors or omissions with the cover page, abstract, page number, and headers. There could be also slight formatting issues with the document spacing or the font Additionally the paper might slightly exceed or undershoot the specific number of required written pages for the assignment. 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally, the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
CLICK ON THE LINK HERE: https://gradebasket.com/orders/ordernow
Also, you can place the order at www.collegepaper.us/orders/ordernow / www.phdwriters.us/orders/ordernow
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME]and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!