|Perfect Number of Pages to Order||5-10 Pages|
PSY 305 Research Methods, Statistics, and Applications (Research Methods, Statistics, and Applications)
In this Data Analysis project, we will look at the distribution of three common areas of academic study and compare it to the population’s known mean. This class of fifty kids took three tests to determine their academic success: Math, Reading, and Spelling. As a teacher, you are aware that each test has been utilized across the country and that the expected means for each test are as follows:
Reading score: 53
Spelling (38 points)
You want to discover if your class differs considerably from the population’s expected mean. Here is the information for your 50-student class: Data Analysis 2.sav is a.sav file that
1. Make a list of your null and alternative hypotheses.
2. Is this a one-tailed hypothesis or a two-tailed hypothesis? Explain.
3. Determine the proper statistical test. (If you get stuck, go return to video 2a or look in your book for a description.)
In your analysis/writeup, make sure to include measurements of central tendency and variability.
4. Is it possible to reject the null hypothesis? Why do you think that is?
5. Create a section for your findings called “Results.”
Include descriptive statistics, the type of statistical test used, and the test results, including effect sizes and confidence ranges.