|Perfect Number of Pages to Order||5-10 Pages|
Questions for the Midterm Exam on Substance Abuse
This is an open book, untimed, non-proctored exam. This examination will cover material from your reading assignments for the first four weeks of class. In each of your replies, you must create connections to the textbook and correctly cite it.
Answers must be paraphrased (restated in your own words without quoting), correctly APA formatted (containing within-answer citations and a list of references at the conclusion of each answer), and at least 600 words in length (excluding source citations and references). Answers should be concise, complete, stated in well-organized paragraphs (no lists, sentence fragments, or bulleted items), and more substantive than just descriptions of terms, methods, or difficulties.
To finish this test, save a copy of the attached file to your hard drive, write your answers below each question on a separate page per question, attach a cover page to the front and a reference list to the back, and submit it under the Midterm Exam assignment tab.
NOTE: Answers copied and pasted into the assignment tab’s student comments box will not be graded; instead, a Word document or Rich-Text File prepared as directed above must be uploaded.
1. Describe the neurobiology of drug tolerance, dependence, and withdrawal in terms that a layperson may comprehend.
2. Pick one of the following locations and sketch down its socio-historical trajectory:
a. Substance abuse models
a. Treatments for substance abuse
d. Self-help/social movements
d. Efforts at treatment and prevention
3. When considering both psychological and laboratory assessments for substance use disorders, talk about the factors that are most important to you when deciding which type(s) of assessment(s) to give these factors could be related to the client, the substance being used, or the assessment tools themselves.
4. Describe the three most crucial factors for gaining a basic understanding of each of the following substances of abuse. Make sure you only use roughly 100 words to support your choices:
a. Alcoholic beverages
Opioids are a class of drugs that are used to treat pain.
f. Inhalants and hallucinogens
Stimulants are a type of stimulant that is used to increase a person’s
g. Benzodiazepines & Sedatives/Hypnotics
5. Choose one of the following questions:
a. Based on your reading and knowledge of the classic drug use disorders thus far, argue either for or against considering the behavioral addictions such pathological gambling to be addictive diseases.
b. Discuss some of the key clinical issues of managing pain and addiction in a clinical population.