|Perfect Number of Pages to Order||5-10 Pages|
Outline for a short story essay Assignment
Outline for a narrative essay Assignment
ESSAY OUTLINE FOR A SHORT STORY ANALYSIS
1. Provide an overview
1. Grab the reader’s attention with a hook.
2. Give your chosen story a name.
3. Provide a brief description of the setting.
4. To smoothly transition into your thesis statement, use two good transition sentences.
5. State your thesis in one strong sentence that foreshadows your essay’s structure.
1st paragraph of the body
1. SUMMARY OF THE PLOT (assume your reader has not read the story)
2. SUMMARY OF THE CHARACTER
3. Introduce your thesis’s first assertion (provide evidence to support your point)
3. Paragraph 2 of the body
1. Describe the story’s major conflicts (use quotes)
2. Introduce your thesis’s second assertion (provide evidence to support your point)
3. Paragraphs in the body
1. Discuss how the above elements of fiction interact to allow the reader to emotionally experience the theme (and intellectually if relevant). Make sure the theme is labeled as clearly as possible. As needed, use quotes from the story to support your point of view on the theme.
2. Introduce your thesis’s final assertion (provide evidence to support your point)
5. Final thoughts
1. Reiterate your main point.
2. End on a personal note about the story (consider reconnecting with the hook)