Living and Working In Culture
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Living and Working In Culture
Working in a foreign country could have its difficulties. These difficulties could change if you are there for a short term assignment as compared to long term assignment.
- Select a country where you would like to work. List at least 3 concerns that you have of living and working in that culture.
- Also list 3 reasons why you think it would be beneficial to work in that country.
- Lastly, would any of these benefits or concerns change the way you work when you return to a position in the United States?
- This assignment should be 2,000 words.
This assignment should be a minimum of 2,000 words, Times New Roman, double spaced.
An option to the written paper is to create a Power Point presentation and record yourself presenting the response to this assignment. The recorded video should be 5-7 minutes in length and references should be provided in APA format within the post.
XYZ International has just offered you a position in their office in China. How will you respond? What are your concerns? What about your family? How long will the relocation be?
- Select one of the stages of negotiation and write a dialog of how the conversation may go between you and your supervisor that has offered this relocation.
- Work with a classmate or friend and record this dialog.
write the conversation it should consist of at least 2,000 words and use APA formatting (Type face: Times New Roman – 12 point, with a cover page.)
Now the tables are turned – YOU are the boss and you are sending one of your team overseas to manage the new office.
- How do you select which employee should manage the new office?
- How do you approach them?
- What incentives are you prepared to offer?
- What would you hold back but be prepared to offer to sweeten the deal if there is resistance?
- How would the negotiation go?
Write the conversation as it would take place between you and your employee, it should consist of at least 1,000 words and be written in a dialog format.
- Create a PowerPoint or Mind Map explaining key concepts you have discovered about yourself during the course of this class.
- If you make a PowerPoint, use the Notes area to explain your thoughts on each slide. If you create a PowerPoint presentation it should be no less than 5 slides with at least three ideas on each slide.
- If you make a mind map – create a Word document that goes along with it, describing your map. If you create a Word document it should be a minimum of 1000 words, double-spaced, APA style.
- To learn about mind maps click here for a 6 min video This video talks about a software called iMindMap – you do NOT have to use this tool but there is a free demo version if you want to play with it. Microsoft Word or Paint work really well. You can also draw and scan the image if that works well for you.
Discussion 1 (75-150 words)
Elaborate on how it would impact you and your family if you were going to work in a foreign country for 18 months or longer. Be sure to name the foreign country and be specific about at least three points of impact
Discussion 2 (75-150 words)
Offshoring has been a common practice in the past decade, what is a benefit or a pitfall of using off shore workers?
- Initial post – List the company you have selected and state the benefit or pitfall that has impacted this company with the decision to use off shore workers.
Discussion 3 (75-150 words)
Think about how your decision to go back to school has impacted your life, now relate that to our topic of work life balance if you were instead working overseas for two years.
- Initial post: What impacts to your own experience of going to school be similar to the impacts of moving to a foreign country
Discussion 4 (75-150 words)
Now that your company has relocated you overseas – let’s discuss compensation. How did the company reward you for taking on this assignment? What benefits did you gain or lose?
- Initial post – Since your imaginary boss has relocated you and you negotiated a good deal, how has this move improved your work/life situation? What will happen when you finish your oversea assignment and return to the company headquarters? What factors would make you interested in staying overseas past the end of your assignment?
Living and Working In Culture
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 20 points out of 50: The essay illustrates poor understanding of the relevant material by failing to address or incorrectly addressing the relevant content; failing to identify or inaccurately explaining/defining key concepts/ideas; ignoring or incorrectly explaining key points/claims and the reasoning behind them; and/or incorrectly or inappropriately using terminology; and elements of the response are lacking. 30 points out of 50: The essay illustrates a rudimentary understanding of the relevant material by mentioning but not full explaining the relevant content; identifying some of the key concepts/ideas though failing to fully or accurately explain many of them; using terminology, though sometimes inaccurately or inappropriately; and/or incorporating some key claims/points but failing to explain the reasoning behind them or doing so inaccurately. Elements of the required response may also be lacking. 40 points out of 50: The essay illustrates solid understanding of the relevant material by correctly addressing most of the relevant content; identifying and explaining most of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology; explaining the reasoning behind most of the key points/claims; and/or where necessary or useful, substantiating some points with accurate examples. The answer is complete. 50 points: The essay illustrates exemplary understanding of the relevant material by thoroughly and correctly addressing the relevant content; identifying and explaining all of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology explaining the reasoning behind key points/claims and substantiating, as necessary/useful, points with several accurate and illuminating examples. No aspects of the required answer are missing. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Zero points: Student failed to include citations and/or references. Or the student failed to submit a final paper. 5 out 20 points: Sources are seldom cited to support statements and/or format of citations are not recognizable as APA 6th Edition format. There are major errors in the formation of the references and citations. And/or there is a major reliance on highly questionable. The Student fails to provide an adequate synthesis of research collected for the paper. 10 out 20 points: References to scholarly sources are occasionally given; many statements seem unsubstantiated. Frequent errors in APA 6th Edition format, leaving the reader confused about the source of the information. There are significant errors of the formation in the references and citations. And/or there is a significant use of highly questionable sources. 15 out 20 points: Credible Scholarly sources are used effectively support claims and are, for the most part, clear and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition is used with only a few minor errors. There are minor errors in reference and/or citations. And/or there is some use of questionable sources. 20 points: Credible scholarly sources are used to give compelling evidence to support claims and are clearly and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition format is used accurately and consistently. The student uses above the maximum required references in the development of the assignment. Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 20: The paper does not communicate ideas/points clearly due to inappropriate use of terminology and vague language; thoughts and sentences are disjointed or incomprehensible; organization lacking; and/or numerous grammatical, spelling/punctuation errors 10 points out 20: The paper is often unclear and difficult to follow due to some inappropriate terminology and/or vague language; ideas may be fragmented, wandering and/or repetitive; poor organization; and/or some grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors 15 points out of 20: The paper is mostly clear as a result of appropriate use of terminology and minimal vagueness; no tangents and no repetition; fairly good organization; almost perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage. 20 points: The paper is clear, concise, and a pleasure to read as a result of appropriate and precise use of terminology; total coherence of thoughts and presentation and logical organization; and the essay is error free. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 3 points out of 10: Student needs to develop better formatting skills. The paper omits significant structural elements required for and APA 6th edition paper. Formatting of the paper has major flaws. The paper does not conform to APA 6th edition requirements whatsoever. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. They can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 7 points out of 10: Research paper presents an above-average use of formatting skills. The paper has slight errors within the paper. This can include small errors or omissions with the cover page, abstract, page number, and headers. There could be also slight formatting issues with the document spacing or the font Additionally the paper might slightly exceed or undershoot the specific number of required written pages for the assignment. 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally, the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME] and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!