Life Span Biography
|Perfect Number of Pages to Order
Life Span Biography
This assignment needs to be started as soon as possible as it will take time to complete all that is required.
You may organize your lifespan biography in whatever way seems reasonable to you but it must meet several criteria:
1. the person has to be real, not fictional
2. the person must be someone who you know, not a celebrity, or historical person.
3. the person has had to have lived into old age and should be still living (65years or older)
4. the paper must be in sentence format and be from 10 full – 12 double spaced typed pages NO more than Ariel or Times New Roman 12 size font with 1-inch margins. The Biography alone must be at least 8 full pages in length alone before any additions from the text are applied to the paper.
Topics that should be covered within the biography include, but are not limited to:
1. family background
2. circumstances of birth
3. medical and health history throughout life
4. living arrangements throughout life…parents, spouses, room-mates, etc.
5. educational history and intellectual abilities/achievements
6. vocational/career history
7. hobbies, activities, etc.
8. social history…shy or outgoing, friend
9. marital history
10. financial situation
11. spiritual background, religious affiliations, philosophical developments, etc.
12. emotional health
13. unusual life crises, challenges, or achievements
14. over-riding theme to this life? Regrets? Pleasures and accomplishment?
After you have completed the biography, incorporate the class terms, themes and theories you learned in the text and lectures into the biography by relating the information given by the person you interview to these concepts. There much be at least 16 insertions from the text, lectures, videos. (at least 2 per page of the 8 full pages of biography). This is done by explaining what is meant by the term, theory or theme and then relating it back to the specific part of the biography. This must be a part of the paper. Please make sure that you highlight these insertions in the biography.
You may organize the biography chronologically, that is, from childhood through old age, or go topic by topic. You may include photographs or whatever other kinds of materials you think add to the understanding of this individual. However, photographs are in addition to the 8-10 pages of writing. Please put them at the end of the biography.
I have provided two examples of this biography from another class which are in this module. I would encourage you to review them to see how others have done this paper.