Interpersonal Communication Exploration Project
Order ID 53003233773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Interpersonal Communication Exploration Project
Interpersonal Communication 1090 students will use this research and oral presentation project to further understand and relate to the concepts and methodologies taught in an effort to improve communication between family unit member(s). This is a paper on Self-disclosure.
Review concept in text. Students will conduct an interview to understand several key communication practices to help determine the manner in which individuals use and assess their interpersonal communication styles in their efforts to foster healthy relationships. This “self-disclosure” interview helps participants examine and discern healthy from unhealthy communication practices that may advance or hamper communication.
- Connect with a desired CLOSE family member immediately. Consider the time you have and the time they can spare for an interview that may take an hour or more. Also, consider the time frame of when the assignment is due. NO LATES!
- Choose three different topics/concepts from the list below or choose any concepts from chapters 1 – 5 that interests you BEFORE the interview. Come up with the questions you would like to ask BEFORE you sit down with your interviewee. Make sure you keep control of the interview so you can cover all the concepts within you allotted time frame.
TAKE NOTES during the interview or with permission tape the conversation so that you can refer back to them during the writing process even to the point of using direct quotes.
- PLEASE NOTE: You must make direct reference to text information as you discuss the concepts.
- ADDITIONALLY: Find a scholarly reference on Interpersonal Communication or Family Dynamics to use as an additional reference and make sure you use it in the paper to help validate your findings.
Again, topics can be anything we have covered in the first five chapters. Suggested topics include:
Self-disclosure – Depth and Breadth
Influences on Perception
The Process of Communication
The Reasons We Communicate
- Student will submit a typed a three to five-page paper which details their interview and findings. Include:
- Cover page with Project title, your name, course information, and names of participant
- Provide a starting paragraph for the interview that includes interviewee name and three chosen concepts and WHY you chose the person.
- Clearly divide each section of interview by identifying the chosen concept (this means you will have three different sections for each term. Make sure they each have their own heading.
- The paper is to be typed using a 12-point font.
- After the heading, type the specific question and YOUR EXPLANATION of the term to your interviewee.
- You will then use a Q: and A: format going back and forth as long as the conversation continues. The self-disclosure will lead to a CONVERSATION! You do not have to divulge everything BUT “yes/no” answers ARE NOT permissible. Self-disclosure is the purpose.
- Paper should use direct quotes from interviewees, cite information from the text to clarify your choices and use the additional family text to help validate your investigation, for at least one of the terms.
- End paper with an overall summary paragraph of the experience in terms of the level of self-disclosure and personal awareness and deeper understanding of the relationship.
- Student must submit an APA style Works Cited page (Use www.easybib.comor citationmachine.net to support your APA citations or another resource).
- Paper should be emailed if the class is synchronous or asychronous. Face to face classes will hand-in paper during class meeting!
Due Date: Refer to syllabus for handing in paper.Interpersonal Communication Exploration Project
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 20 points out of 50: The essay illustrates poor understanding of the relevant material by failing to address or incorrectly addressing the relevant content; failing to identify or inaccurately explaining/defining key concepts/ideas; ignoring or incorrectly explaining key points/claims and the reasoning behind them; and/or incorrectly or inappropriately using terminology; and elements of the response are lacking. 30 points out of 50: The essay illustrates a rudimentary understanding of the relevant material by mentioning but not full explaining the relevant content; identifying some of the key concepts/ideas though failing to fully or accurately explain many of them; using terminology, though sometimes inaccurately or inappropriately; and/or incorporating some key claims/points but failing to explain the reasoning behind them or doing so inaccurately. Elements of the required response may also be lacking. 40 points out of 50: The essay illustrates solid understanding of the relevant material by correctly addressing most of the relevant content; identifying and explaining most of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology; explaining the reasoning behind most of the key points/claims; and/or where necessary or useful, substantiating some points with accurate examples. The answer is complete. 50 points: The essay illustrates exemplary understanding of the relevant material by thoroughly and correctly addressing the relevant content; identifying and explaining all of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology explaining the reasoning behind key points/claims and substantiating, as necessary/useful, points with several accurate and illuminating examples. No aspects of the required answer are missing. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Zero points: Student failed to include citations and/or references. Or the student failed to submit a final paper. 5 out 20 points: Sources are seldom cited to support statements and/or format of citations are not recognizable as APA 6th Edition format. There are major errors in the formation of the references and citations. And/or there is a major reliance on highly questionable. The Student fails to provide an adequate synthesis of research collected for the paper. 10 out 20 points: References to scholarly sources are occasionally given; many statements seem unsubstantiated. Frequent errors in APA 6th Edition format, leaving the reader confused about the source of the information. There are significant errors of the formation in the references and citations. And/or there is a significant use of highly questionable sources. 15 out 20 points: Credible Scholarly sources are used effectively support claims and are, for the most part, clear and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition is used with only a few minor errors. There are minor errors in reference and/or citations. And/or there is some use of questionable sources. 20 points: Credible scholarly sources are used to give compelling evidence to support claims and are clearly and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition format is used accurately and consistently. The student uses above the maximum required references in the development of the assignment. Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 20: The paper does not communicate ideas/points clearly due to inappropriate use of terminology and vague language; thoughts and sentences are disjointed or incomprehensible; organization lacking; and/or numerous grammatical, spelling/punctuation errors 10 points out 20: The paper is often unclear and difficult to follow due to some inappropriate terminology and/or vague language; ideas may be fragmented, wandering and/or repetitive; poor organization; and/or some grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors 15 points out of 20: The paper is mostly clear as a result of appropriate use of terminology and minimal vagueness; no tangents and no repetition; fairly good organization; almost perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage. 20 points: The paper is clear, concise, and a pleasure to read as a result of appropriate and precise use of terminology; total coherence of thoughts and presentation and logical organization; and the essay is error free. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 3 points out of 10: Student needs to develop better formatting skills. The paper omits significant structural elements required for and APA 6th edition paper. Formatting of the paper has major flaws. The paper does not conform to APA 6th edition requirements whatsoever. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. They can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 7 points out of 10: Research paper presents an above-average use of formatting skills. The paper has slight errors within the paper. This can include small errors or omissions with the cover page, abstract, page number, and headers. There could be also slight formatting issues with the document spacing or the font Additionally the paper might slightly exceed or undershoot the specific number of required written pages for the assignment. 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally, the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME]and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!