Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology
RUA Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology Guidelines
This purpose of this assignment is for the student to present a complete picture of interdisciplinary care using specific therapeutic modalities in the care of a complex adult health client . The student will demonstrate clinical reasoning skills and will discuss interdisciplinary care that had been incorporated and/or anticipated using a healthcare technology or therapeutic modality for the care of the complex health client.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes: Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology
- Provide nursing care to patients and their families in critical and emergent care settings based on theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines (PO 1).
- Initiate the use of appropriate resources in direct care responsibilities within critical-care and emergent care settings (PO 2).
- Demonstrate effective therapeutic communication and relationship skills in providing care to patients and families in critical-care and emergent care settings (PO 3).
- Demonstrate effective clinical decision making based on critical thinking skills and legal, ethical, and professional standards and principles when caring for patients and families in critical care and emergent care settings (POs 4, 6).
- Implement a plan of care for continued personal, professional, and educational development related to nursing practice within critical-care and emergent care settings (PO 5). Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology
- Use evidence including research findings from nursing and related disciplines to answer clinical questions related to nursing care of patients in critical-care and emergent care settings (PO 8).
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment. Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology
Total points possible: 100 points
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1) Adult patient only -Phoenix Addendum
2) Choose a therapeutic modality or healthcare technology. Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology
3) Examples of a therapeutic modality include Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation, Automatic rotating pronation beds, right and/or left ventricular assist devices, nontraditional ventilator modes.
4) Examples of healthcare technology can include regional O2 saturation monitoring (NIRS).
5) Refer to your faculty member if your selection requires prior approval. Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology
6) Write a 4-5-page paper (not including the title page or reference page) using APA format.
- Phoenix Addendum: Expository essay format (page 10 of the 7th ed APA)
7) For APA, formatting, or grammar assistance visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library.
8) Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric):
- Introduction – 5 points/5%
- The chosen therapeutic modality or healthcare technology meets one of the following criteria:
- Has been introduced recently at the bedside for care of the complex adult patient .
- Is a non-traditional modality for very ill patients in special circumstances.
- Is being used in a new way to treat a patient with complex needs.
- Requires specific training above and beyond general entry-level nursing education.
- Introduce the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
- Name the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
- A brief fictional case on a complex adult patient is used to illustrate the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
- Explanation and Background– 15 points/15%
- Include a clear description of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
- Discuss how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology works.
- Describe the patient population it is used for.
- Include medication, safety, and cost considerations as applicable.
- Risks and Benefits– 15 points/15%
- Describe how the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology can benefit the patient.
- Discuss ways to promote positive outcomes.
- Explain the complications that may arise.
- Discuss considerations for preventing complications.
- Interdisciplinary team’s Roles and Responsibilities– 20 points/20%
- Identify all interdisciplinary team members caring for the patient, such as respiratory therapy, assistive personnel, providers, case managers, clinical nurse specialists, and researchers.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of each member of the healthcare team that is involved in the use of the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the nurse as a member of the interdisciplinary team caring for the patient. Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology
- Nursing Scope of Practice – 15 points/15%
- Discuss the knowledge needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using the therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
- Describe skills needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic modality or healthcare technology.
- Discuss attitudes needed for the Registered Nurse to provide care for the patient using therapeutic modality or healthcare technology. Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology
- Patient Education – 20 points/20%
- Describe the information to be taught to the patient and/or family.
- Discuss how information will be taught.
- Explain how the effectiveness of the teaching will be evaluated.
- Conclusion – 5 points/5%
- Provide a summary of the paper.
- No new information is introduced.
- Include additional resources for further learning
- APA Style and Organization – 5 points/5%
- References are submitted with paper.
- Uses current APA format and is free of errors.
- Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
- At least three (3), nursing, scholarly, peer reviewed, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided.
Please note that your instructor may provide you with additional assessments in any form to determine that you fully understand the concepts learned.
Interdisciplinary Management of Healthcare Technology
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 20 points out of 50: The essay illustrates poor understanding of the relevant material by failing to address or incorrectly addressing the relevant content; failing to identify or inaccurately explaining/defining key concepts/ideas; ignoring or incorrectly explaining key points/claims and the reasoning behind them; and/or incorrectly or inappropriately using terminology; and elements of the response are lacking. 30 points out of 50: The essay illustrates a rudimentary understanding of the relevant material by mentioning but not full explaining the relevant content; identifying some of the key concepts/ideas though failing to fully or accurately explain many of them; using terminology, though sometimes inaccurately or inappropriately; and/or incorporating some key claims/points but failing to explain the reasoning behind them or doing so inaccurately. Elements of the required response may also be lacking. 40 points out of 50: The essay illustrates solid understanding of the relevant material by correctly addressing most of the relevant content; identifying and explaining most of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology; explaining the reasoning behind most of the key points/claims; and/or where necessary or useful, substantiating some points with accurate examples. The answer is complete. 50 points: The essay illustrates exemplary understanding of the relevant material by thoroughly and correctly addressing the relevant content; identifying and explaining all of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology explaining the reasoning behind key points/claims and substantiating, as necessary/useful, points with several accurate and illuminating examples. No aspects of the required answer are missing. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Zero points: Student failed to include citations and/or references. Or the student failed to submit a final paper. 5 out 20 points: Sources are seldom cited to support statements and/or format of citations are not recognizable as APA 6th Edition format. There are major errors in the formation of the references and citations. And/or there is a major reliance on highly questionable. The Student fails to provide an adequate synthesis of research collected for the paper. 10 out 20 points: References to scholarly sources are occasionally given; many statements seem unsubstantiated. Frequent errors in APA 6th Edition format, leaving the reader confused about the source of the information. There are significant errors of the formation in the references and citations. And/or there is a significant use of highly questionable sources. 15 out 20 points: Credible Scholarly sources are used effectively support claims and are, for the most part, clear and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition is used with only a few minor errors. There are minor errors in reference and/or citations. And/or there is some use of questionable sources. 20 points: Credible scholarly sources are used to give compelling evidence to support claims and are clearly and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition format is used accurately and consistently. The student uses above the maximum required references in the development of the assignment. Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 20: The paper does not communicate ideas/points clearly due to inappropriate use of terminology and vague language; thoughts and sentences are disjointed or incomprehensible; organization lacking; and/or numerous grammatical, spelling/punctuation errors 10 points out 20: The paper is often unclear and difficult to follow due to some inappropriate terminology and/or vague language; ideas may be fragmented, wandering and/or repetitive; poor organization; and/or some grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors 15 points out of 20: The paper is mostly clear as a result of appropriate use of terminology and minimal vagueness; no tangents and no repetition; fairly good organization; almost perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage. 20 points: The paper is clear, concise, and a pleasure to read as a result of appropriate and precise use of terminology; total coherence of thoughts and presentation and logical organization; and the essay is error free. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 3 points out of 10: Student needs to develop better formatting skills. The paper omits significant structural elements required for and APA 6th edition paper. Formatting of the paper has major flaws. The paper does not conform to APA 6th edition requirements whatsoever. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. They can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 7 points out of 10: Research paper presents an above-average use of formatting skills. The paper has slight errors within the paper. This can include small errors or omissions with the cover page, abstract, page number, and headers. There could be also slight formatting issues with the document spacing or the font Additionally the paper might slightly exceed or undershoot the specific number of required written pages for the assignment. 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally, the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME] and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!