Fundamental Principles of Care Coordination Essay
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Fundamental Principles of Care Coordination Essay
- Develop a 20-minute presentation for nursing colleagues highlighting the fundamental principles of care coordination. Create a detailed narrative script for your presentation, approximately 4-5 pages in length, and record a video of your presentation.
Nurses have a powerful role in the coordination and continuum of care. All nurses must be cognizant of the care coordination process and how safety, ethics, policy, physiological, and cultural needs affect care and patient outcomes. As a nurse, care coordination is something that should always be considered. Nurses must be aware of factors that impact care coordination and of a continuum of care that utilizes community resources effectively and is part of an ethical framework that represents the professionalism of nurses. Understanding policy elements helps nurses coordinate care effectively.
This assessment provides an opportunity for you to educate your peers on the care coordination process. The assessment also requires you to address change management issues. You are encouraged to complete the Managing Change activity.
Completing course activities before submitting your first attempt has been shown to make the difference between basic and proficient assessment.
Your nurse manager has been observing your effectiveness as a care coordinator and recognizes the importance of educating other staff nurses in care coordination. Consequently, she has asked you to develop a presentation for your colleagues on care coordination basics. By providing them with basic information about the care coordination process, you will assist them in taking on an expanded role in helping to manage the care coordination process and improve patient outcomes in your community care center.
To prepare for this assessment, identify key factors nurses must consider to effectively participate in the care coordination process.
You may also wish to:
- Review the assessment instructions and scoring guide to ensure you understand the work you will be asked to complete.
- Allow plenty of time to rehearse your presentation.
Note: Remember that you can submit all, or a portion of, your draft presentation to Smarthinking Tutoring for feedback, before you submit the final version for this assessment. If you plan on using this free service, be mindful of the turnaround time of 24-48 hours for receiving feedback.
Recording Equipment Setup and Testing
Check that your recording equipment and software are working properly and that you know how to record and upload your presentation. You may use Kaltura (recommended) or similar software for your audio recording. A reference page is required. However, no PowerPoint presentation is required for this assessment.
- If using Kaltura, refer to the Using Kaltura tutorial for directions on recording and uploading your video in the courseroom.
Note: If you require the use of assistive technology or alternative communication methods to participate in this activity, please contact DisabilityServices@capella.edu to request accommodations.
Complete the following:
- Develop a video presentation for nursing colleagues highlighting the fundamental principles of care coordination. Include community resources, ethical issues, and policy issues that affect the coordination of care. To prepare, develop a detailed narrative script. The script will be submitted along with the video.
Note: You are not required to deliver your presentation.
Presentation Format and Length
Create a detailed narrative script for your video presentation, approximately 4-5 pages in length. Include a reference list at the end of the script.
Cite 3-5 credible sources from peer-reviewed journals or professional industry publications to support your video. Include your source citations on a references page appended to your narrative script. Explore the resources about effective presentations as you prepare your assessment.
The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the Care Coordination Presentation to Colleagues Scoring Guide, so be sure to address each point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
- Outline effective strategies for collaborating with patients and their families to achieve desired health outcomes.
. Provide, for example, drug-specific educational interventions, cultural competence strategies.
. Include evidence that you have to support your selected strategies.
- Identify the aspects of change management that directly affect elements of the patient experience essential to the provision of high-quality, patient-centered care.
- Explain the rationale for coordinated care plans based on ethical decision making.
. Consider the reasonable implications and consequences of an ethical approach to care and any underlying assumptions that may influence decision making.
- Identify the potential impact of specific health care policy provisions on outcomes and patient experiences.
. What are the logical implications and consequences of relevant policy provisions?
. What evidence do you have to support your conclusions?
- Raise awareness of the nurse’s vital role in the coordination and continuum of care in a video-recorded presentation.
. Fine tune the presentation to your audience.
. Stay focused on key issues of import with respect to the effects of resources, ethics, and policy on the provision of high-quality, patient-centered care.
. Adhere to presentation best practices.
Submit both your presentation video and script. The script should include a reference page. See Using Kaltura for more information about uploading multimedia files. You may submit the assessment only once, so be sure that both assessment deliverables are included.
Portfolio Prompt: Save your presentation to your ePortfolio . Submissions to the ePortfolio will be part of your final Capstone course.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 2: Collaborate with patients and family to achieve desired outcomes.
. Outline effective strategies for collaborating with patients and their families to achieve desired health outcomes.
- Competency 3: Create a satisfying patient experience.
. Identify the aspects of change management that directly affect elements of the patient experience essential to the provision of high-quality, patient-centered care.
- Competency 4: Defend decisions based on the code of ethics for nursing.
. Explain the rationale for coordinated care plans based on ethical decision making.
- Competency 5: Explain how health care policies affect patient-centered care.
. Identify the potential impact of specific health care policy provisions on outcomes and patient experiences.
- Competency 6: Apply professional, scholarly communication strategies to lead patient-centered care.
. Raise awareness of the nurse’s vital role in the coordination and continuum of care in a video-recorded presentation.