Environmental Law And Security
Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Environmental Law And Security
Select and research ONE of the following companies that has been in the news for an ethical dilemma. Prepare a PowerPoint about this company’s ethical dilemma and resulting ethical failure, according to the following instructions. Sources are provided to assist you getting started (click company name link). You will need to further research the company as well as applicable ethical frameworks and related law in your text and required readings.
NOTE: In preparing this project, refer to your Week 1 Lesson Readings and Resources on ethical frameworks.
CHOOSE ONE OF THESE COMPANIES/ISSUES: The Links are a factual starting point for your information and further research.
1. Boeing – 737 MAX-8 Jet death crashes.
2. Purdue Pharma – opioid crisis, deceptive marketing.
3. Wells Fargo – fake accounts fraud; $3 billion settlement with U.S. DOJ & SEC.
The following resources will also assist your PowerPoint.
- What is Ethical Dilemma?
- Checklist of guidelines when you face ethical dilemmas
- Guidelines to Prepare an APA PowerPoint
- How to Add Speaker Notes in PowerPoint
- Create a 12– 15 slide PowerPoint presentation that includes:
- Title slide with your name, course, date, school, title of presentation;
- Agenda slide – This lists the key points covered in the PPT;
- Content slides containing bullet points information with illustrations, diagrams, pictures, graphics etc., as appropriate to the slide’s content;
- Speaker’s notes on each slide – either text presented in the Speaker Notes section at the bottom of the slides or Audio through your Voice speaking (or both); (Note: Speaker’s Notes are not duplication of the text on the slides. They are explanatory narrative.)
- Identify the company you selected;
- explain the company and its industry;
- provide the factual background of the problem; and
- clearly state the ethical dilemma presented by the situation. There should be only ONE ethical dilemma. The company had two choices: the act it chose and an alternative it did not do.
3. Identify and define at least one ethical framework that the company apparently employed in making its decision. Note — Not “Should have used.” It is not acceptable to say it did not act ethically or did not use a framework. Analyze it. Frameworks include utilitarianism, free market ethics, deontology, virtue ethics , etc., covered in your course readings.
4. Then, identify and define at least one ethical framework that the company should have used when the problem arose, and explain how to apply it for them to have reached a better result than what actually happened. Be clear.
5. Identify and explain measures the company should implement to avoid this type of problem in the future.
6. Within your discussion include whether the company had a code of ethics or policy that seemed to apply to the situation, and if so, what went wrong with that?
7. Explain what business leadership in any company can learn from this situation.
8. Have a conclusion that wraps up the key points.
9. Include a Reference slide with your sources listed in APA format. (NOTE: Sources must be cited in slides and speaker’s notes for direct quotes, specific facts and graphics, same as in a paper, per APA format. If you are doing audio speaker notes, you would mention the source in your speaking narrative.) (Reminder; we are using APA 7th Ed. format.)
10. Your PPT should have a professional slide background and graphics on each slide.
11. Submit your presentation here in the Assignments section, as a PowerPoint attachment.
12. Please compress your PPT (zip file) if necessary for uploading. There are several sources online to help you with compressing a PowerPoint presentation.
Environmental Law And Security
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 20 points out of 50: The essay illustrates poor understanding of the relevant material by failing to address or incorrectly addressing the relevant content; failing to identify or inaccurately explaining/defining key concepts/ideas; ignoring or incorrectly explaining key points/claims and the reasoning behind them; and/or incorrectly or inappropriately using terminology; and elements of the response are lacking. 30 points out of 50: The essay illustrates a rudimentary understanding of the relevant material by mentioning but not full explaining the relevant content; identifying some of the key concepts/ideas though failing to fully or accurately explain many of them; using terminology, though sometimes inaccurately or inappropriately; and/or incorporating some key claims/points but failing to explain the reasoning behind them or doing so inaccurately. Elements of the required response may also be lacking. 40 points out of 50: The essay illustrates solid understanding of the relevant material by correctly addressing most of the relevant content; identifying and explaining most of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology; explaining the reasoning behind most of the key points/claims; and/or where necessary or useful, substantiating some points with accurate examples. The answer is complete. 50 points: The essay illustrates exemplary understanding of the relevant material by thoroughly and correctly addressing the relevant content; identifying and explaining all of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology explaining the reasoning behind key points/claims and substantiating, as necessary/useful, points with several accurate and illuminating examples. No aspects of the required answer are missing. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Zero points: Student failed to include citations and/or references. Or the student failed to submit a final paper. 5 out 20 points: Sources are seldom cited to support statements and/or format of citations are not recognizable as APA 6th Edition format. There are major errors in the formation of the references and citations. And/or there is a major reliance on highly questionable. The Student fails to provide an adequate synthesis of research collected for the paper. 10 out 20 points: References to scholarly sources are occasionally given; many statements seem unsubstantiated. Frequent errors in APA 6th Edition format, leaving the reader confused about the source of the information. There are significant errors of the formation in the references and citations. And/or there is a significant use of highly questionable sources. 15 out 20 points: Credible Scholarly sources are used effectively support claims and are, for the most part, clear and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition is used with only a few minor errors. There are minor errors in reference and/or citations. And/or there is some use of questionable sources. 20 points: Credible scholarly sources are used to give compelling evidence to support claims and are clearly and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition format is used accurately and consistently. The student uses above the maximum required references in the development of the assignment. Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 20: The paper does not communicate ideas/points clearly due to inappropriate use of terminology and vague language; thoughts and sentences are disjointed or incomprehensible; organization lacking; and/or numerous grammatical, spelling/punctuation errors 10 points out 20: The paper is often unclear and difficult to follow due to some inappropriate terminology and/or vague language; ideas may be fragmented, wandering and/or repetitive; poor organization; and/or some grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors 15 points out of 20: The paper is mostly clear as a result of appropriate use of terminology and minimal vagueness; no tangents and no repetition; fairly good organization; almost perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage. 20 points: The paper is clear, concise, and a pleasure to read as a result of appropriate and precise use of terminology; total coherence of thoughts and presentation and logical organization; and the essay is error free. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 3 points out of 10: Student needs to develop better formatting skills. The paper omits significant structural elements required for and APA 6th edition paper. Formatting of the paper has major flaws. The paper does not conform to APA 6th edition requirements whatsoever. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. They can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 7 points out of 10: Research paper presents an above-average use of formatting skills. The paper has slight errors within the paper. This can include small errors or omissions with the cover page, abstract, page number, and headers. There could be also slight formatting issues with the document spacing or the font Additionally the paper might slightly exceed or undershoot the specific number of required written pages for the assignment. 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally, the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME] and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!