|Perfect Number of Pages to Order||5-10 Pages|
Assignment on Management Discussion
Three (3) essay questions from the list below should be completed by students. An introductory paragraph should preview the solution to the issue, followed by a body that analyzes and answers all related arguments, and a conclusion that clarifies and develops the arguments (rather than simply summarizing them). Bullet points and direct quotations or citations from references/sources should be avoided (unless the question requests them). Writing, grammar, and spelling at the graduate level are all anticipated. Type the question header in bold type to clearly distinguish and separate your replies.
Please respond to three (3) of the following questions:
1. You’re the head coach of a major high school basketball player. The player has high grades and has been offered scholarships by a number of D-I schools. You’ve been requested to assist the player’s parents in selecting a college. List and explain the three (3) most significant criteria to the athlete and his or her parents. Make a list of the three (3) least important aspects in the decision and explain them.
2. Because your high school is near a military post, you gain (and lose) a large number of “fresh” players each year as their parents are reassigned. This school year, a great quarterback from another state has transferred to your school zone for his senior year after being awarded first-team all-state as a junior. Your club is excellent, and you have a three-year veteran quarterback who has “paid his dues” in your system. Describe how you plan to avoid any conflicts within the team structure while also giving each player (including both quarterbacks) an equal opportunity to compete.
3. Describe your “medical emergency plan” in detail in the event of a serious injury during a team exercise. Is it different from the procedure used in a formal athletic competition? Why do you think that is?
4. Identify and describe a coach’s “Nine Legal Duties.”
5. You’re the head softball coach at a tiny institution with a tight budget. Your team unexpectedly wins the conference championship and earns a berth in the national tournament. The event will be held in a three-state area, with housing, meals, and transportation expected to cost $10,000. Your school’s athletic department does not budget for post-season national competition… So, while your Athletic Director, Vice-President for Student Affairs, and College President (the three persons you directly report to) are satisfied with the squad’s performance, they order you to come up with the cash for the trip. So, what exactly do you do?
6. Describe three (3) key reasons why you would write a letter to each returning player prior to the start of a new season. What would be in the letter? Give an example of the letter’s tone. What exactly are you hoping to achieve with the letter?
7. You must hire a new defensive coordinator as the head football coach. You’ve whittled your list down to five (5) applicants to interview. List and justify the questions you’ll ask throughout the interviews, as well as who you’ll be accompanied by during the procedure. Include how you’ll narrow the search following the interviews, as well as what you’ll do if none of the prospects satisfy your criteria.