|Perfect Number of Pages to Order||5-10 Pages|
Assignment for J.C.’s Jinglers Handbell Company
The majority of J.C.’s Jinglers Handbell Co.’s business occurs during the holiday season. Jingler’s competitive advantage stems from its policy of specialization. The sound quality and durability of handbells cannot be equaled, as they do not need to be replaced frequently. There has been a recent lack of salespeople, and the holiday season is rapidly approaching. You must assist in the hiring of salespeople.
Develop a recruitment and staffing plan that is aligned with the business strategy. (9)
Examine the reproduced Nine Strategic Staffing Decisions’ from table 2-6 of your textbook. Make a decision on each of J.C.’s Jinglers’ Nine Strategic Staffing Decisions. Include a one-paragraph argument based on the specialization plan for each.
There are nine strategic staffing decisions to make.
1. Is it better to have a core or a flexible workforce?
2. Is it better to hire internally or externally?
3. Should you hire or train for specific skills?
4. Should You Replace or Retain Your Talent?
5. What are the required skill levels?
6. Are you looking for proactive or reactive staffing?
7. On which jobs should we concentrate our efforts? – Sales Representatives
8. Is staffing viewed as a cost or an investment?
9. Will hiring be done in a centralized or decentralized manner?