|Perfect Number of Pages to Order||5-10 Pages|
Article Discussion Assignment for ENGL106
To evaluate timeliness, dependability, authority, and purpose (TRAP Test), complete the table below by answering the questions stated for each component.
The article’s title and author have been chosen:
This is the link to the article:
Cut and paste the APA citation for your article into the Cite function on our article:
This relates to the information’s current status.
1. When was the article published (do you know when it was published)?
2. Is the information current (i.e., still relevant) or out-of-date?
This relates to the information’s usefulness.
1. Is the data correct and comprehensive?
2. Is it primarily a matter of fact or a matter of opinion?
3. Are the quotes and statistics backed up by references?
This refers to the information’s source.
1. What is the name of the author? Is the author or organization knowledgeable about the topic? How did you figure that out?
2. Is there any contact information or credentials provided by the author? What is the significance of this?
3. Is the data backed up by a sponsor? Is the sponsor/publisher reputable, if so?
This refers to the information’s purpose.
1. What is the article’s objective (to give facts or to sway public opinion)?
2. Who is the intended audience based on the writing style?
3. What is the domain name for a website?
(.com=commercial,.gov=government,.org=organization,.edu=education) and how does this affect the viewpoint?