Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
During the course of the semester you will each write a research assignment on a case study concerning a major disaster event international or local. Each student must do a pre-research and identify a disaster event (natural or man made) that has enough content to write on.
1st part of assignment
Post research topic on the table below.
(Please let me know what you will be writing the research assignment on so I can get approval from the professor)
Disaster Event + Year
Research assignment (min 2000 words, not counting reference list) on an international or local major disaster event. No disasters that happened before 1950s and no more recent than 2018. Use a variety of sources (Minimum 5 sources).
Content (all should be included in assignment , independent sections)
- Background/Introduction (10 POINTS):map of the location, country, city, socioeconomic characteristics, political history surrounding the event (prior to the event not after).
- Disaster history (15 POINTS):Description of this type hazard in general. Past experiences with the same type of hazard in the country before the event. Discussion of the vulnerability analysis including: Physical, Environmental, Social and Economic vulnerabilities to this type of hazard in this country/city. Also add a summary table of the vulnerability analysis, like the example below. Provide both within this section. Do notinclude the definitions for each type of vulnerability in the assignment, just the analysis about your case.
- Emergency Management (15 POINTS): EM national agency, mitigation and preparedness practices existing in country before the event. Who is in charge in case of an emergency of this kind? How resilient is the country?
- The event (30 POINTS):(This should be the biggest section of the assignment) Timeline of the event, description of the disaster event, government response, detailed disaster consequences (economic, social, physical and environmental).
- Reconstruction or Recovery (10 POINTS):responsible agencies, specific actions and timelines. Debris management, clean up, reconstruction of housing, infrastructure, economic activity recovery, loans and psychological/medical support for survivors etc. Are they recovered? What is the situation today?
- Lessons learned (10 POINTS):Changes in policy or practices? Takeaways from this experience in country.
- Reference list in APA style
Assignment format (10 POINTS):
- Times New Roman, Font Size 12, SINGLE SPACE. 1 Inch margins.
- Cite in text using the APA
- No direct quotes at all. Paraphrase and credit your source with APA in text citations
- Use a variety of sources (Minimum 5 sources). Include reference list at the end in APA style as well. Does not count towards word count.
- Do not cite Wikipedia, Encyclopedia Britannica (all definitions of terms for class are provided in the readings), Atlas Obscura, Culture trip or any blogs, non-academic or non-official publications. See our academic sources policy in your syllabus.
- Include a title page. NO ABSTRACT or summary section. Start with content on bullet point #1.
- Organize assignment by the sections described above (number 1-7), one section per topic/number. Give each section a name appropriate for the content.
- Pictures and graphs are encouraged, insert them close to the relative text. Provide source and a short description for each, underneath.
- Spell-check and re-read your responses. Grammar and sentence structure is part of your grade.
I recommend these sources to find a case with the keywords of the type of disaster of your interest:
- Google Scholar(very good to find scholarly articles)
- HURRICANE KATRINA, CHERNOBYL OR ANY DISASTER COVERED IN CLASS (CHECK THE SYLLABUS FOR THE WHOLE SEMESTER).
- NO WAR EVENTS, BOMBINGS OR TERRORIST ATTACKS
- S CASES CAP AT 3 APPROVED CASES. U.S TERRITORIES INCLUDED
- FOR U.S CASES: NO FLORIDA HURRICANES
- NO DISASTERS THAT HAPPENED BEFORE 1950s AND NO MORE RECENT THAN 2018.
TIP: Make sure your disaster has enough information available, reports, news, articles, book chapters etc. Some disasters are interesting but they lack sufficient sources for a successful assignment.
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 20 points out of 50: The essay illustrates poor understanding of the relevant material by failing to address or incorrectly addressing the relevant content; failing to identify or inaccurately explaining/defining key concepts/ideas; ignoring or incorrectly explaining key points/claims and the reasoning behind them; and/or incorrectly or inappropriately using terminology; and elements of the response are lacking. 30 points out of 50: The essay illustrates a rudimentary understanding of the relevant material by mentioning but not full explaining the relevant content; identifying some of the key concepts/ideas though failing to fully or accurately explain many of them; using terminology, though sometimes inaccurately or inappropriately; and/or incorporating some key claims/points but failing to explain the reasoning behind them or doing so inaccurately. Elements of the required response may also be lacking. 40 points out of 50: The essay illustrates solid understanding of the relevant material by correctly addressing most of the relevant content; identifying and explaining most of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology; explaining the reasoning behind most of the key points/claims; and/or where necessary or useful, substantiating some points with accurate examples. The answer is complete. 50 points: The essay illustrates exemplary understanding of the relevant material by thoroughly and correctly addressing the relevant content; identifying and explaining all of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology explaining the reasoning behind key points/claims and substantiating, as necessary/useful, points with several accurate and illuminating examples. No aspects of the required answer are missing. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Zero points: Student failed to include citations and/or references. Or the student failed to submit a final paper. 5 out 20 points: Sources are seldom cited to support statements and/or format of citations are not recognizable as APA 6th Edition format. There are major errors in the formation of the references and citations. And/or there is a major reliance on highly questionable. The Student fails to provide an adequate synthesis of research collected for the paper. 10 out 20 points: References to scholarly sources are occasionally given; many statements seem unsubstantiated. Frequent errors in APA 6th Edition format, leaving the reader confused about the source of the information. There are significant errors of the formation in the references and citations. And/or there is a significant use of highly questionable sources. 15 out 20 points: Credible Scholarly sources are used effectively support claims and are, for the most part, clear and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition is used with only a few minor errors. There are minor errors in reference and/or citations. And/or there is some use of questionable sources. 20 points: Credible scholarly sources are used to give compelling evidence to support claims and are clearly and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition format is used accurately and consistently. The student uses above the maximum required references in the development of the assignment. Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 20: The paper does not communicate ideas/points clearly due to inappropriate use of terminology and vague language; thoughts and sentences are disjointed or incomprehensible; organization lacking; and/or numerous grammatical, spelling/punctuation errors 10 points out 20: The paper is often unclear and difficult to follow due to some inappropriate terminology and/or vague language; ideas may be fragmented, wandering and/or repetitive; poor organization; and/or some grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors 15 points out of 20: The paper is mostly clear as a result of appropriate use of terminology and minimal vagueness; no tangents and no repetition; fairly good organization; almost perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage. 20 points: The paper is clear, concise, and a pleasure to read as a result of appropriate and precise use of terminology; total coherence of thoughts and presentation and logical organization; and the essay is error free. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 3 points out of 10: Student needs to develop better formatting skills. The paper omits significant structural elements required for and APA 6th edition paper. Formatting of the paper has major flaws. The paper does not conform to APA 6th edition requirements whatsoever. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. They can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 7 points out of 10: Research paper presents an above-average use of formatting skills. The paper has slight errors within the paper. This can include small errors or omissions with the cover page, abstract, page number, and headers. There could be also slight formatting issues with the document spacing or the font Additionally the paper might slightly exceed or undershoot the specific number of required written pages for the assignment. 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally, the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME] and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!