Order ID 53563633773 Type Essay Writer Level Masters Style APA Sources/References 4 Perfect Number of Pages to Order 5-10 Pages
Chapter 22 study guide
1) Define Avant-garde
2) Define abstraction
3) What is the name of the art style where artists emphasized painterly qualities and strong color over the representational or realistic values retained by Impressionism, intending to shock the viewer visually and psychologically? Who was its leader?
4) What is the style of this painting (Femme ou chapeau (Woman with a Hat)) and who is the artist that created it?
5) How does cubism differ from earlier styles? Who were its leaders?
6) Who painted Les Demoiselles d’Avignon, what is the style?
7) Define collage
8) Who composed Tango au Bal Bullier and what style of abstract painting does it represent?
9) Define Futurism
10) Who painted Improvisation No. 30 and what style does it belong to?
11) Who composed the ballet score of “Le Sacre du Printemps (The Right of Spring)? Why was the public shocked during its premier? And what happened in that first performance?
12) When did the Great War (later called World War I) started?
13) Define Dada
14) Who created The Fountain? What style of art does it represent?
15) What are the 2 approaches of surrealism’s subject matter?
16) Who is the most famous surrealist artist, creator of The Persistence of Memory?
17) Who was the leading painter of the De Stijl movement?
18) The __________ movement, founded in 1917 in Holland, sought to integrate painting, sculpture, architecture, and industrial design, and championed a “pure” abstraction.
19) Who created the Composition with Yellow, Red, Black, Blue, and Grey? What art movement does it represent?
20) Is this sculpture (Bird in Space) considered abstract or figurative? Who created it?
21) What is the International Style?
22) Who is the architect for this famous house in Pennsylvania, USA?
23) Name the American artist who had a primary interest in natural forms and colors and subject matter such as flowers and animal bones.
24) Who composed Yellow Calla?
25) Name two Modernist American poets influential because of the complex, multifaceted, technically innovative and densely allusive works.
26) What literary technique did James Joyce used to get readers into the character’s minds? Define this technique.
27) A controversial music composer who undermined the music stability of western classical music and although his music is hardly heard he has become one of the most famous composers of the 20th century. Know he composed the following composition (Variations for Orchestra) (Listen to it as it may be played in the exam)
28) Who is responsible for the invention of fascism? And where was it first stablished?
29) Nazi is the abbreviation for________________.
30) What is the name (and translation) of the Nazi’s policy which they claimed justified the geographic expansion of the “superior” German race into territories of other countries?
31) Who painted Guernica in response to the bombing of a defenseless Basque village?
32) What does the Depression, often referred to as the Great Depression refers to?
33) What is the name of an American photographer known for her documentary style of photography? Know she took this famous photograph titled Migrant Mother; Nipomo Califormia
34) Mexican photographer whose photographs record daily life in Mexico creating contrasts between young and all, small and large, front and back period. The photograph below (Generation to Generation) was taken by her.
35) Name an American artist associated with regionalism, who painted places inhabited by the middle class, representing ordinary things that had previously been deemed unworthy or not is attention?
36) Who created the following painting (Nighthawks):
37) Regionalist artist, best known for his murals and was radically anti-European. He painted the following composition (Missouri Mural) :
38) Who created the painting They Also Found Discrimination ?
39) Name a writer who chronicled the American South.
40) What is the name of one of the earliest and most important American operas and who composed it?
Listen to a section of it:
41) Define jazz
42) Who is the composer of Maple Lead Rag? What is this style or type of music? (listen to it, as music will be played but titles will not be shown)
43) What does scat singing refers to? Who is a singer associated with it?
44) What is swing jazz?
45) A great jazz pianist, composer and conductor of jazz ensemble, associated with swing music and big bands? Also composed the composition below (Concerto for Cootie). (Listen to the song as it may be played in the exam)
QUALITY OF RESPONSE NO RESPONSE POOR / UNSATISFACTORY SATISFACTORY GOOD EXCELLENT Content (worth a maximum of 50% of the total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 20 points out of 50: The essay illustrates poor understanding of the relevant material by failing to address or incorrectly addressing the relevant content; failing to identify or inaccurately explaining/defining key concepts/ideas; ignoring or incorrectly explaining key points/claims and the reasoning behind them; and/or incorrectly or inappropriately using terminology; and elements of the response are lacking. 30 points out of 50: The essay illustrates a rudimentary understanding of the relevant material by mentioning but not full explaining the relevant content; identifying some of the key concepts/ideas though failing to fully or accurately explain many of them; using terminology, though sometimes inaccurately or inappropriately; and/or incorporating some key claims/points but failing to explain the reasoning behind them or doing so inaccurately. Elements of the required response may also be lacking. 40 points out of 50: The essay illustrates solid understanding of the relevant material by correctly addressing most of the relevant content; identifying and explaining most of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology; explaining the reasoning behind most of the key points/claims; and/or where necessary or useful, substantiating some points with accurate examples. The answer is complete. 50 points: The essay illustrates exemplary understanding of the relevant material by thoroughly and correctly addressing the relevant content; identifying and explaining all of the key concepts/ideas; using correct terminology explaining the reasoning behind key points/claims and substantiating, as necessary/useful, points with several accurate and illuminating examples. No aspects of the required answer are missing. Use of Sources (worth a maximum of 20% of the total points). Zero points: Student failed to include citations and/or references. Or the student failed to submit a final paper. 5 out 20 points: Sources are seldom cited to support statements and/or format of citations are not recognizable as APA 6th Edition format. There are major errors in the formation of the references and citations. And/or there is a major reliance on highly questionable. The Student fails to provide an adequate synthesis of research collected for the paper. 10 out 20 points: References to scholarly sources are occasionally given; many statements seem unsubstantiated. Frequent errors in APA 6th Edition format, leaving the reader confused about the source of the information. There are significant errors of the formation in the references and citations. And/or there is a significant use of highly questionable sources. 15 out 20 points: Credible Scholarly sources are used effectively support claims and are, for the most part, clear and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition is used with only a few minor errors. There are minor errors in reference and/or citations. And/or there is some use of questionable sources. 20 points: Credible scholarly sources are used to give compelling evidence to support claims and are clearly and fairly represented. APA 6th Edition format is used accurately and consistently. The student uses above the maximum required references in the development of the assignment. Grammar (worth maximum of 20% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 5 points out of 20: The paper does not communicate ideas/points clearly due to inappropriate use of terminology and vague language; thoughts and sentences are disjointed or incomprehensible; organization lacking; and/or numerous grammatical, spelling/punctuation errors 10 points out 20: The paper is often unclear and difficult to follow due to some inappropriate terminology and/or vague language; ideas may be fragmented, wandering and/or repetitive; poor organization; and/or some grammatical, spelling, punctuation errors 15 points out of 20: The paper is mostly clear as a result of appropriate use of terminology and minimal vagueness; no tangents and no repetition; fairly good organization; almost perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage. 20 points: The paper is clear, concise, and a pleasure to read as a result of appropriate and precise use of terminology; total coherence of thoughts and presentation and logical organization; and the essay is error free. Structure of the Paper (worth 10% of total points) Zero points: Student failed to submit the final paper. 3 points out of 10: Student needs to develop better formatting skills. The paper omits significant structural elements required for and APA 6th edition paper. Formatting of the paper has major flaws. The paper does not conform to APA 6th edition requirements whatsoever. 5 points out of 10: Appearance of final paper demonstrates the student’s limited ability to format the paper. There are significant errors in formatting and/or the total omission of major components of an APA 6th edition paper. They can include the omission of the cover page, abstract, and page numbers. Additionally the page has major formatting issues with spacing or paragraph formation. Font size might not conform to size requirements. The student also significantly writes too large or too short of and paper 7 points out of 10: Research paper presents an above-average use of formatting skills. The paper has slight errors within the paper. This can include small errors or omissions with the cover page, abstract, page number, and headers. There could be also slight formatting issues with the document spacing or the font Additionally the paper might slightly exceed or undershoot the specific number of required written pages for the assignment. 10 points: Student provides a high-caliber, formatted paper. This includes an APA 6th edition cover page, abstract, page number, headers and is double spaced in 12’ Times Roman Font. Additionally, the paper conforms to the specific number of required written pages and neither goes over or under the specified length of the paper.
GET THIS PROJECT NOW BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK TO PLACE THE ORDER
Do You Have Any Other Essay/Assignment/Class Project/Homework Related to this? Click Here Now [CLICK ME] and Have It Done by Our PhD Qualified Writers!!